B.S. Medical College (BSMC), Bankura was established in 1956 by Bankura Sammilani Trust. The college was taken over by Government of West Bengal in 1961. MCI recognition for 100 MBBS seats was finally recognized in December 2005. Post graduate courses in General Medicine, General Surgery, Pediatric Medicine and Gynae & Obstetrics were permitted by MCI in March, 2009. Bankura Sammilani Medical College admits students to courses in medical sciences, which are offered at the undergraduate (MBBS) and postgraduate (PG Diploma) levels. The college provides state-of-the-art facilities to its students.