About the college
Banaras Hindu University was established in 1916 by Pandit Mahamana Madan Mohan Malviya. Banaras Hindu University is known for teaching programmes to fulfill the diverse needs of the society. Faculty of Management Studies, Banaras Hindu University
(FMS, BHU) is the business school of Banaras Hindu University established in 1968. Since its establishment it has produced more than 4000 Managers. The University transformed the Department of Management Studies to an independent Faculty of Management Studies in the year 1984.
- The mission of the Faculty of Management Studies is to cater to the needs of the business, industry and other vital sectors through quality education, research, consultancy and other professional services
- In a recent survey conducted by India Today Nielsen BHU Ranked No. 1 University in India.
- The Faculty has been identified as one of the five Quality Improvement Programme Centers by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
- The Faculty aspires to be one of the most admired Global Centers of Excellence committed to redefining the domain of Management Knowledge and developing socially sensitive leader-managers
International collaborations -
- Ethiopian Civil Service College, Ethiopia
- Wikes University, P.A. USA
- Tennessee State University, Nashville, Tennessee (USA)
Number of students placed
LIC Housing Finance
JVL agro Industries
Bank of Baroda
Extracurricular activities -
- Entrepreneurship Development Cell -In 2007 the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) approved and sponsored the Entrepreneurship Development Cell for carrying out research and training activities to inculcate the spirit of entrepreneurship in students.
- Industry Institute Partnership Cell-All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) approved and sponsored the Industry-Institute Partnership Cell for carrying out consultancy and provide training for executives from business organizations and tp strengthen links with the corporate world.
Induction - The induction session for the newly admitted management students of the batch of 2013- 2015 was organized on 16.07.2013, in the Prabandh Bhawan at Faculty of Management Studies, Banaras Hindu University. There are no elevators to success, the real mantra of success lies in the attitude to work hard and focusing on one’s goal- This was the mantra that was emphasized upon in the interactive session between faculty members and the students.
UNNAYAN- Generally the fest is organized at the beginning of the second semester. It is an intra-faculty event that includes participation from both the first and second year students of MBA, MBA-IB and MBA-AB.
- FMSBHU has won Silver Award in the Indian Management Conclave 2014 held in Faculty of Management Studies, Banaras Hindu University [BHU], Varanasi
- B-School Leadership Award.