About the college
National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE) was established by the Government of India in 1963 with the assistance of United Nations Development Program (UNDP) through the International Labor Organization (ILO) to create skilled professionals. The prestigious institute was formerly known as the 'National Institute of Training in Industrial Engineering'. Later, the word 'Training' was removed.
- NITIE offers a range of PGDM programs like PGDIE, PGDIM, PGDISEM. All the courses are AICTE approved.
- The college offers 100% placement. The major recruiters are Yes Bank, TCS, CTS, ICICI group, Deutsche Bank etc.
- The college has been ranked 15 by Business today in its Best B-schools survey across India in 2012 and Business world ranked it 5 in Business world B-school ranking in 2013. It is renowned as one of the top 5 Indian schools for supply chain and IT management.
- It has been recognized as one of the 15 Centres of Excellence along with the seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), six Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) and Indian Institute of Science (IISc) by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
Extracurricular: The institute has various student bodies which organize many extracurricular activities throughout the year. Some of them are as follows-
- MIG - The Marketing Interest Group
- The STREET - a forum for finance
- TMX - the IT Syndicate
- C2X - Chain to Excellence
- Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (CIE)
- ARTH - Nitie's Mutual Fund
NITIE publishes a Quarterly professional journal UDYOG PRAGATI: The Journal for Practising Managers. The journal deals with the developments in Industrial Engineering, Management and allied fields.
- The process of placement for 2012 batch saw participation from 122 companies for the batch strength of 317 students. The number of new recruiters rose to 28. A wide range of roles across various domains like Supply Chain, Operations, Marketing, Finance, Banking, Consulting, Strategy and IT/Systems were offered.
- Colgate Palmolive offered the highest domestic package of INR 19.67 lakhs. Recruiters from the much-revered consulting sector included major players like Ernst and Young, Cognizant Business Consulting, Global e- Procure, Bristlecone, Capgemini, Accenture and IBM.
- The Banking and Financial Services (BFSI) sector made its presence felt in a big way with a number of offers made across private equity, investment banking, markets, treasury, corporate finance, and wholesale and retail banking. Major recruiters were companies like Citibank, HSBC, Deutsche Bank, ICICI Bank, Yes Bank etc.
- The IT sector was represented by companies like Amazon, Dell, Accenture, TCS, HP, Infosys, Wipro, GE, ITC InfoTech, Headstrong etc.
Highest Domestic Salary
INR 19.5 lakhs
INR 19.67 lakhs
INR 10.17 lakhs
INR 11.83 lakhs
Library subscribes to nearly 237 Foreign & Indian Technical Journals including 14 semi-technical and 18 recreational Magazines. Out of these we subscribe to 65 Technical Journals online and 56 Technical Journals Print + Online.
• Technical books - 55785
• Light Reading books - 7887
• Bound Journals - 11181
• Hindi books - 2658
• Marathi books - 795
• Complimentary + Free - 1294 books
The facilities include:
-WI FI enabled hostels
- LAN with multi server using Linux, Windows NT-4.0 and Netware.
- CAD-CAM and UNIX Lab.
- 24*7 INTERNET connectivity through a 150 Mbps 1:1 shared leased line.
The classrooms are spacious and specifically designed to facilitate participative learning.
NITIE houses a fully air-conditioned auditorium with a seating capacity of 200.
The hostels are really one of the best in the country. All rooms are well furnished single occupancy with attached bathrooms.
Facilities available for various sports like Badminton, Table Tennis, Basketball, Volleyball, Carom, Cricket etc.
- AVARTAN: NITIE's annual festival celebrating the harmony between business, culture, and sport.
- Prerna: It is the flagship management conclave at NITIE comprising over 20 prestigious events that see tremendous participation from the best business schools of the country.
- Lakshya:It has been the corporate event of NITIE engaging the executive in a series of contests. The event is unique as it not only sees student but also corporate participation.
6 (2 in placements)